Migrating to the cloud can be overwhelming for many organizations. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, but rather a detailed strategy on determining what and when to migrate. Before you begin, it’s important to know the different cloud options available to you.
Public – A cloud computing solution delivered to multiple organizations via the internet. A good example is AWS or Azure as they deploy cloud storage solutions to thousands of organizations.
Private – Private cloud is a hosted solution dedicated to your organization’s environment only. Private cloud environments are not shared and cannot be accessed by other organizations.
Hybrid – A combination of public and private cloud. Many organizations employ a hybrid cloud strategy depending on the needs of their business.
So which solution is best for your organization? It depends on several factors including:
- What services do you want to move to the cloud?
- What type of infrastructure do you use in your environment?
- What data do you want to have access to no matter where you’re working?
- Does your organization have compliance regulations they are required to adhere to?
- What are your organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies?
- How do you want to back up your data?
- How many users does your organization have that utilize the cloud?
The answers to these questions and more can be discovered by conducting a short cloud assessment with your organization. Consider completing a cloud assessment to help determine what the best strategy for cloud migration is for your organization. For more information on cloud assessments or to get started on yours, contact us today.