Any organization in the DiB space is required to achieve CMMC compliance. No matter where you are in your CMMC journey, it’s important to address any gaps that may occur. Here are the top five implementation gaps for CMMC.
- Inadequate risk management practices: Many Organizations Seeking Compliance (OSCs) lack comprehensive risk management strategies, which are essential for identifying, assessing, and mitigating cybersecurity risks effectively.
- Insufficient documentation and policies: Proper documentation of cybersecurity policies and procedures is crucial for CMMC compliance. OSCs often have gaps in maintaining up-to-date, detailed documentation that aligns with CMMC requirements.
- Inconsistent implementation of security controls: OSCs frequently struggle with consistently implementing and enforcing security controls across their entire IT infrastructure, leading to vulnerabilities in their cybersecurity posture.
- Lack of regular cybersecurity training for employees: Regular and effective cybersecurity training for all employees is often overlooked, which is a significant gap, considering human error is a common cause of security breaches.
- Failure to regularly update and patch systems: Many OSCs do not have a robust process for regular updates and patch management of their systems, leaving them vulnerable to known exploits and cyber attacks.
Tego is a Registered Practitioner Organization (RPO) with certifications up to and including Registered Practitioner Advanced (RPA). Our team has several years’ experience in the security, audit, and compliance space and maintain training in the CMMC Assessment Process (CAP).
Contact us today to begin your CMMC journey.