Tego recently closed one of its largest Professional IT Services projects in history to design a new backup system by Rubrik for a client with over 45 site locations. Our engineering team helped simplify the existing design of the network, consolidating five technologies into one. This design eliminated complexity that is vulnerable to function reliability without human interaction.
The extensive project took over two years from conception to delivery and nearly every division of Tego was involved to achieve successful completion. Tego won this project over the six other partners included in the RFP process, two of whom were already incumbents working with the client.
To successfully execute this project, nearly every division of Tego was involved. The project required daily communication with our team and channel partners, and extreme attention to detail.
Project highlights include:
- The Account Manager for this client preserved over $1.3 million in hardware refresh credits that were set to expire, extending them to 2025
- We leveraged pricing data from our distributors and partners to extend significant savings to the client
- Our Project Manager conducted regular cadence with the client and all internal staff to identify and mitigate any issues to maintain the target schedule for all onsite install work. She also voluntarily coordinated with the client’s individual site owners to take some of the burden from them.
- Staged over 65 appliances, saving hundreds of hours of onsite time which would normally burden one of the client’s engineers
- The lead engineer on this project conducted multiple technical enablement sessions with the client. He also helped to bridge the gap between technical documentation and implementation.
- Over 45 sites in 18 different states were completed on time and without a return visit
“This was a complex project with many moving parts involving our team, Rubrik, and the client. I’m proud of our team for pulling together and delivering this project on time and within budget,” said Nolan Smith, CEO of Tego. “We are continually focused on taking care of our clients and delivering a high level of service and our smooth execution illustrates how well we handle complex projects.”
As a result of our dedication to this project, we received positive feedback noting our strict attention to the multiple details of this project.