You have a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and Incident Response Plan (IRP), but are you confident with your proficiency in using those plans to effectively react to cybersecurity threats? Do you have any doubts? If so, we recommend you evaluate your proficiency with a DRP/IRP Tabletop Test.
The purpose of a Tabletop Test is to validate your existing DRP/IRP documents and identify their strengths and weaknesses before an actual incident occurs. The Tabletop Test exercises are designed to be a learning tool, facilitate open discussion and ultimately improve your plans, procedures and playbooks.
With over 15 years of combined experience in audit, security and incident response, the Tego Advisory Services team are veterans in the fight to recover from incidents. It is that experience which makes a Tego Advisory led Tabletop Test an engaging and fruitful activity for the customers we serve.
This process includes:
- The Tego Advisory team will review your existing DRP and IRP documents in the designing of and preparation for the test scenarios.
- Based on the current threat landscape and an understanding of your DRP/IRP, Tego Advisory will architect specific scenarios most likely to impact your organization.
- We will designate test roles for your staff.
- We will then go through the Tabletop Exercise by presenting a specific scenario, taking the players through the exercise questions and facilitating the discussion. At certain points, the Tego facilitator will inject new pieces of information, based on prior incident experience to stress test the documented workflows.
- The Tego facilitator will document all issues with the protocols as the test proceeds.
- The Tego facilitator will also conduct the test debrief and evaluation, collecting feedback to be used in improving the DRP/IRP documents and future testing activities.
- Using documented issues and feedback, Tego Advisory will create a report describing a prioritized list of document gaps and deficiencies for you to mitigate.
The key benefits of this process include:
- Testing on real-world scenarios likely to impact your business/industry.
- Facilitators with years of Incident Response Command experience guiding the testing and reporting.
- Prioritized recommendations on how to best update plans and protocols.
- Reduction in the risk of incident impact through minimizing the. “scramble” after an actual incident or disaster is declared.
Tabletop testing is the best way to simulate an attack in your environment. Contact us today to schedule your tabletop test.